There are a wide variety of grass species to select from for our properties in today’s age. When you have so many choices, how would do you know what’s right for your backyard?
Here are some questions to consider when deciding which grass is best for you:
- What maintenance is required? Some grass species will require more care than other, higher maintenance grasses.
- What are your climate conditions? Most grasses do have a preference for specific climates such as humid, coastal, dry, cool or wet.
- Which temperature tolerance works best for you? Each grass performs better or worse depending on the average temperature range during the growing season.
- How resistant is it to drought? Some grass species are better suited for quicker recovery after going dormant during extended drought conditions.
- What shade adaptation will you need? Grass species are classified by how much or how little sunlight they need to maintain their health and vigor.
- What type of wear resistance do you need? Wear resistance is a measurement of how well a grass species can recover from foot traffic.
- What type of soil do you have? Different grass species perform differently, depending upon your soil type.
Not every grass is good for every climate. Some species are good for shade, others are good for cold climates and still others perform better in extremely hot areas. To find out the best grasses that will work for your landscape contact a SavaLawn professional today.